Sunday, October 13, 2019

A Devil Of A Dinosaur!

TYRANNOSAURUS REX by Polar Lights
Built 2/2018
Painted 10/6/2019

I've had this kit assembled for a long time, but I didn't get around to painting it, because I didn't really have a clear idea of how I wanted to paint it. But after the Gorgo build went reasonably well, I kind of wanted to paint up another big lizard, so I pulled Rex down from the shelf and hit him with some primer. I ended up basing my paint scheme for this bad boy on Jack Kirby's Devil Dinosaur comic book creation. In real life, the red skin looks a lot darker and redder, but this is the best I could get with the camera I have.

Not a lot to say here - the kit went together easy as pie, and I'm even happy with the paint job! I'm especially proud of the lava!


No comments:

Post a Comment