Monday, October 21, 2019

The Precious Blood!

NOSFERATU by Monarch Models
Built 11/18/2018
Painted 10/21/2019

With this, I have now completed all four kits produced by the much-missed Monarch Models. In fact, I searched a long time for this elusive kit, until my friend Terry Beatty (an esteemed modeller in his own right), traded this to me. As with their other kits, this was beautifully engineered, and went together smooth as silk.

This was the "Frightening Lightning" edition, which came with some parts duplicated in glow-in-the-dark plastic. I chose not to use those parts, with the exception of the spare rats (more on this below). I also chose not to use the provided nameplate.

For the base, Monarch provided a bunch of creepy-crawlies, including spiders and centipedes, but, when I think of Nosferatu, I think of rats. I used the all of the rats in the kit (two regular plastic and two glow) and then scavenged a couple more, smaller rats from another kit (Dark Shadows' Barnabas Collins), to provide Count Orlok with a small army of rodents.

As usual, this was painted with cheap, acrylic craft paints.


No comments:

Post a Comment