Sunday, October 27, 2019

On the Moon! Jim, Doc, we're on the Moon!

LUNA by Pegasus Models
Built 12/2017
Painted 9/10/2018
Base 10/27/2019


This simple kit of a classic spacecraft was one of the two - along with the Rocketship X-M, also from Pegasus - that inspired me to finally get back into model building, back around Christmas of 2017. As with the X-M, I assembled it and painted it long ago, but I didn't consider it "completed" until I made a custom display base for it. The kit did come with a lunar surface base, but it didn't resemble the cracked, jagged terrain depicted in the 1950 Destination Moon film, so I didn't want to use it.

Anyway, last night I broke out a fresh box of Super Sculpy and went to work. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment